Hordenine HCl MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Hordenine HCl
- 1.2. Description: Hordenine HCl is a hydrochloride salt of Hordenine manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C10H16ClNO
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 201.69
- 1.5. CAS #: 6027-23-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 227-892-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Hordenine HCl manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Hordenine HCl: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy Metals ≤10ppm, Arsenic ≤1ppm, Lead ≤3ppm, Mercury ≤0.1ppm, Cadmium ≤1ppm. Total Plate Count ≤1000cfu/g, Yeast & Mold ≤100cfu/g
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White crystalline Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Not available
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 178 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep locked up.Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist or gas. Avoid contactwith eyes, skin.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Hordenine HCl need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Hordenine HCl is Harmful if swallowed. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Anhydrous ignition sources Hordenine HCl powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Hordenine HCl is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Hordenine HCl MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Hordenine HCl MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.