1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Inosine
- 1.2. Description: Inosine is a nucleoside manufactured through fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C10H12N4O5
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 268.23
- 1.5. CAS #: 58-63-9
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-390-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Inosine manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Inosine: >98%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals(Pb) ≤10ppm, Assay 98.0~102.0%, Residue on ignition ≤0.2%, Other Related compounds of nucleic acid, Chromatographically not detectable, Arsenic(As2O3) ≤1ppm
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White crystalline Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Not available
- 3.4. pH: 4.8-5.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 222-226 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 226 C (dec.)
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: 2.1 g/100 mL (20 ºC)
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Inosine need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Inosine is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation. Non-hazardous in case of ingestion
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: Low hazard for usual industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Inosine powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Absorb with DRY earth, sand or other non-combustible material. Do not touch spilled material. Prevent entry into sewers, basements or confined areas; dike if needed.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Inosine is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Inosine MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Inosine MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.