General Side Effects
Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose is generally consider safe, the side effects may Minor burning.
Special Populations Precaution
There is a lot of concern about diet and nutrition for these population, like Newborns, children, pregnant, sensitive to Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose populations. There is no evidence that Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Side Effects could have any negative effects on these vulnerable population.
1. Efforts on membrane properties and enzymes by adding divalent cations and sodium carboxymethyl cellulose. [Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jun 15] Author: Zhang Y, Sun G, Wang X, Wang L, Hu M, Wang Z, Tao Y.
2. Determination of the DS distribution of non-degraded sodium carboxymethyl cellulose by gradient chromatography. [Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15] Author: Shakun M, Heinze T, Radke W.
3. Molar mass characterization of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose by SEC-MALLS. [Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Jun 5] Author: Shakun M, Maier H, Heinze T, Kilz P, Radke W.
4. Nanogels fabricated by lysozyme and sodium carboxymethyl cellulose for 5-fluorouracil controlled release. [Int J Pharm. 2013 Jan 30] Author: Zhu K, Ye T, Liu J, Peng Z, Xu S, Lei J, Deng H, Li B.
5. Anti-adhesive effect and safety of sodium hyaluronate and sodium carboxymethyl cellulose solution in thyroid surgery. [Asian J Surg. 2010 Jan] Author: Park WS, Chung YS, Lee KE, Kim HY, Choe JH, Koh SH, Youn YK.