Sodium Hydroxide E524 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Hydroxide E524
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Hydroxide E524 is a inorganic alkali manufactured through electrolytic chloralkali process.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: NaOH
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 40
- 1.5. CAS #: 1310-73-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 215-185-5
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Hydroxide E524 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as food preparation agent
- 2.1. Sodium Hydroxide: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Na2CO3 0.36, NaCl 0.03, Fe2O3 0.003
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White solid
- 3.3. Odor: odorless
- 3.4. pH: 13.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 323°C (613.4°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 1388°C (2530.4°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.13g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Incompatible
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents, reducing agents, acids, alkalis, moisture.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and tightly sealed container, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep container dry. Do not breathe dust. Never add water to this product. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Hydroxide need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Hydroxide E524 is Very hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant, corrosive), of ingestion, of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: Can result in corneal damage or blindness.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: Can produce inflammation and blistering.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: Inhalation of dust will produce irritation to gastro-intestinal or respiratory tract, characterized by burning, sneezing and coughing.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. Get medical attention immediately.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with a disinfectant soap and cover the contaminated skin with an anti-bacterial cream. Seek medical attention
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Allow the victim to rest in a well ventilated area. Seek immediate medical attention.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not available
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not available
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. If necessary: Neutralize the residue with a dilute solution of acetic acid.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. Class 8: Corrosive material
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Hydroxide is fully degradation biodegradable.The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Sodium Hydroxide E524 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Sodium Hydroxide E524 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Sodium Hydroxide E524 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.