Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Ascorbyl Palmitate E304
- 1.2. Description: Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 is a fat-soluble form of vitamin C manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C22H38O7
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 414.533
- 1.5. CAS #: 137-66-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 205-305-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as antioxidant
- 2.1. Ascorbyl Palmitate: >98%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: ASSAY 98.0%~100.5%, SPECFIC ROTATION +21.0°~+24.0°, LOSS ON DRYING ≤1.0%, SULPHATED ASH ≤0.1%, HEAVY METALS ≤10PPM
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: A WHITE OR YELLOWISH WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Citrus-like
- 3.4. pH: 5.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 116°C (240.8°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.15 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Very slightly soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 is Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of ingestion.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: 178.1 °C (352.6 °F; 451.2 K)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full complian