Nicotinic acid/Niacin MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Nicotinic Acid/Niacin
- 1.2. Description: Nicotinic Acid is a vitamin manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C6H5NO2,
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 123.1
- 1.5. CAS #: 59-67-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-441-0
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Nicotinic acid/Niacin manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Nicotinic Acid: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Chloride（Cl）,%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: ≤0.02% , Loss on drying,%
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 2.7 (saturated aq. sol.)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 234 – 238°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.473 g cm−3
- 3.8. Solubility: 17 g/l (20°C)
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…), Phosphoxides
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Incompatible materials, dust generation, excess heat.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Facilities storing or utilizing this material should be equipped with an eyewash facility and a safety shower. Use adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Nicotinic Acid need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Nicotinic acid/Niacin is Causes eye irritation. May cause skin and respiratory tract irritation. Target Organs: Eyes.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid if irritation or symptoms occur.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Vitamin C is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Nicotinic acid/Niacin MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Nicotinic acid/Niacin MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.