Vitamin C E300 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Vitamin C E300
- 1.2. Description: Vitamin C E300 is a a family of vitamin including ascorbic acid and its salts manufactured through two-step fermentation process.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C6H8O6
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 176.12
- 1.5. CAS #: 50-81-7
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-066-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Vitamin C E300 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as antioxidants
- 2.1. Vitamin C: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals 10 ppm max, Copper 5 ppm max, Iron 2 ppm max, Assay(on dried basis) 99.0 – 100.5%, Residue on ignition 0.1% max, Organic volatile impurities Conforms, Oxalic Acid 0.2% max
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or almost white crystal or crystalline powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 4.3
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Decomposition temperature: >190°C (374°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 553 °C (1027 °F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.694 g/cm³
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in hot water. Partially soluble in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Reactive with oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Vitamin C E300 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Vitamin C E300 is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water. Gently and thoroughly wash the contaminated skin with running water and non-abrasive soap
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: 660°C (1220°F)
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Vitamin C is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Vitamin C E300 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Vitamin C E300 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Vitamin C E300 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.