- Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 MSDS
Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Propylene Glycol Alginate E405
- 1.2. Description: Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 is a organic chemicals manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: (C9H14O7)n
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9005-37-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: Not Applicable
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Propylene Glycol Alginate: 100%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White to off-white powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 3.0- 4.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Applicable
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Avoid breathing dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 is Hazardous in case of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact, eye contact or inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are more toxic than the product itself.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Propylene Glycol Alginate E405 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.