Xanthan Gum E415 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Xanthan Gum E415
- 1.2. Description: Xanthan Gum E415 is a polysaccharide manufactured through fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: (C35H49O29)n
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 11138-66-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 234-394-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Xanthan Gum E415 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Xanthan Gum: 91.0 – 108.0%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: white or cream-color and free-flowing powder
- 3.3. Odor: Slight
- 3.4. pH: 6.0 – 8.0 (1% solution in water)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 550-850 kg/m3
- 3.8. Solubility: Fully soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 36 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool and dry place and kept away from strong light and heat.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid breathing dust; use in an area with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Not required
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Xanthan Gum E415 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Xanthan Gum E415 is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Build up of xanthan gum dust may cause dust explosion
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where xanthan gum E415 dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Xanthan gum E415 is biodegradable
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Xanthan gum E415 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Xanthan gum E415 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Xanthan gum E415 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.