Monascus Red MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Monascus Red
- 1.2. Description: Monascus Red is a natural food pigment manufactured through fermentation using monascus purpureus.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C27H32O14
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 580.53
- 1.5. CAS #: 10236-47-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 233-566-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Monascus Red manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Murrey Powder
- 2.1. Monascus Red: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Lead (As Pb) ≤mg/kg 10, Arsenic ≤ mg/kg 5, Mercury ≤ ppmMERCURY 1, Zinc ≤ ppm 50, Cadimum ≤ ppm 1, Coliform Bacteria ≤ mpn/100g 30
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Murrey Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: ≤3.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 166 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid contamination of storage containers. Avoid breathing dusts.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Mechanical exhaust required.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Monascus Red need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Monascus Red is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, ofinhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting.Never give anything by mouth. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Monascus Red dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Monascus Red is degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Monascus Red MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Monascus Red MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full complian