Caramel Color MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Caramel Color
- 1.2. Description: Caramel Color is a water soluble food coloring manufactured through heat treatment of a variety of sugars.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 8028-89-5
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-435-9
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Caramel Color manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as colouring agent and flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Caramel Color: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Ammoniacal Nitrogen(As NH3) 0.3%, Sulfur Dioxide(as SO2) 0.025%, Total Nitrogen(as N) 1.2%, Total Sulfur(as S) 1.5%, 4-Methyl Imidazole 150mg/kg, Arsenic(As As) <1.0mg/kg, Lead (As Pb) <2.0mg/kg, Heavy Metals(As Pb) <25mg/kg, Mercury(As Hg) <0.1mg/kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Dark brown black powder
- 3.3. Odor: Burnt sugar
- 3.4. pH: 3.40-8.60
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not available
- 3.6. Boiling point: 101.67°C (215°F) – 110 C (230 F)
- 3.7. Bulk density:
- 3.8. Solubility: Miscible in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Do not store above 25°C (77°F)
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep locked up.. Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations of vapors below their respective threshold limit value. Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are proximal to the work-station location.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Caramel Color need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Caramel Color is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, ofinhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting.Never give anything by mouth. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Caramel Color dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Caramel Color is degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Caramel Color MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Caramel Color MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full complian