(Last Updated On: September 21, 2017)
Maltol E636 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Maltol E636
- 1.2. Description: Maltol E636 is a natural organic compound manufactured through chemical synthesis or fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C6H6O3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 126.11
- 1.5. CAS #: 118-71-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 204-271-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Maltol E636 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Maltol: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals (as Pb) < 10 PPM, Lead < 10 PPM, Arsenic < 3 PPM, Cadmium < 1 PPM, Mercury < 1 PPM
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Sweet, fruit-like odor
- 3.4. pH: 5.3
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 161-163°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.348 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Take precautionary measures against static discharges. Keep away from source of ignition. When using do not eat or drink.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use exhaust ventilation to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Maltol E636 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Maltol E636 is Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant).
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: >110℃
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Maltol E636 dust might be generated.(740°C)
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Absorb spill with inert material (e.g. vermiculite, sand or earth), then place in suitable container. Clean up spills immediately, observing precautions in the Protective Equipment section.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Maltol is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Maltol MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Maltol E636 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full complianE636