(Last Updated On: April 25, 2017)
- Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS
Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Caffeine Anhydrous
- 1.2. Description: Caffeine Anhydrous is a plant extraction manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C8H10N4O2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 194.19
- 1.5. CAS #: 5743-12-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-362-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Caffeine Anhydrous manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as additive
- 2.1. Caffeine Anhydrous: 98.5-101.0%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Sulfate ≤500PPM, Heavy Metals(Pb) ≤0.001%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or almost white, crystalline powder (BP/EP) or silky, white or almost white, crystals
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.9
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 234.0-239.0°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 178 °C (sublimes)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.23 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Moderately soluble in water at room temperature (2 g/100 mL), very soluble in boiling water (66 g/100 mL).
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 48 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Caffeine Anhydrous need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Caffeine Anhydrous is Hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact. Severe over-exposure can result in death.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Severe over-exposure to Caffeine Anhydrous can result in death.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Caffeine Anhydrous dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Caffeine Anhydrous is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.