Ethyl Maltol E637 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Ethyl Maltol E637
- 1.2. Description: Ethyl Maltol E637 is a common flavorant manufactured through chemical synthesis or fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C7H8O3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 140.14
- 1.5. CAS #: 4940-11-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 225-582-5
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Ethyl Maltol E637 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Ethyl Maltol: >99.2%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals (as Pb) ≤ 10 PPM, Arsenic ≤ 1 PPM, Fe ≤ 1 PPM
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Caramel
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 90°C (194°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 161 °C (322 °F; 434 K)
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Keep container dry. Keep in a cool place. Ground all equipment containing material. Keep container tightly closed. Keep in a cool, well-ventilated place. Combustible materials should be stored away from extreme heat and away from strong oxidizing agents
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits. If user operations generate dust, fume or mist, use ventilation to keep exposure to airborne contaminants below the exposure limit
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Ethyl Maltol E637 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Ethyl Maltol E637 is Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: >110℃
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Ethyl Maltol E637 dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Absorb spill with inert material (e.g. vermiculite, sand or earth), then place in suitable container. Clean up spills immediately, observing precautions in the Protective Equipment section.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Ethyl Maltol is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Ethyl Maltol E637 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Ethyl Maltol E637 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full complian