Agar Agar E406 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Agar Agar E406
- 1.2. Description: Agar Agar E406 is a gelatinous substance manufactured through plant extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9002-18-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-658-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Agar Agar E406 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Agar Agar: 100%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: MILKY OR YELLOWISH FINE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.0-8.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Applicable
- 5.1. Storage: kept in tightly closed container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: Dust respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Agar Agar need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Agar Agar E406 is Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact, ingestion or inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: Agar Agar is toxic to lungs. Repeated or prolonged exposure can produce target organs damage.
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical adivce
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with plenty of water and seek medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Seek medical aid if irritation occurs.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice if having breathing difficulty
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: DRY chemical powder, water spray, carbon dioxide or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Sweep or Vacuum up
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Agar Agar E406 is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are non-toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Agar Agar E406 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Agar Agar E406 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Agar Agar E406 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.