Soy Lecithin E322 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Soy Lecithin E322
- 1.2. Description: Soy Lecithin E322 is a mixture of phospholipids in oil manufactured through water degumming the extracted oil of soy bean.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C42H80NO8P
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 758.06
- 1.5. CAS #: 8002-43-5
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-307-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Soy Lecithin E322 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutritional Supplements
- 2.1. Soy Lecithin: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Moulds & Yeasts <300/G
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Light yellow to brown colour, transparent or half transparent, viscous liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic, fatty
- 3.4. pH: Neutral
- 3.5. Melting point/range: -5˚C (23˚F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not Available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.03 g/cm³
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Oxidizes when exposed to air
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…), Phosphoxides
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: Keep sealed in dry, cool place.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Soy Lecithin E322 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Soy Lecithin is Caution! This is expected to be a low hazard for usual industrial handling. May cause eye irritation and transient injury.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Soy Lecithin vapor might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Soy Lecithin is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Soy Lecithin E322 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Soy Lecithin E322 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Soy Lecithin Soy Lecithin E322 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.