Sodium Caseinate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Caseinate
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Caseinate is a family of related phosphoproteins (αS1, αS2, β, κ) manufactured through extraction from milk.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C47H48N3O7S2Na
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9005-46-3
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-555-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Caseinate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutritional Supplements
- 2.1. Sodium Caseinate: >90%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: E.coil Not available at 0.1g Salmonella Not available at 0.1g
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Creamy Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Neutral
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 0˚C ( 32˚F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available.
- 5.1. Storage: Keep in dry, cool and shaded place with original package, avoid moisture, store at room
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Caseinate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Caseinate is Hazardous in case of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Sodium Caseinate dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately,
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Caseinate is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Sodium Caseinate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Sodium Caseinate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.