(Last Updated On: November 14, 2017)
- Ethyl Acetate E1504 MSDS
Ethyl Acetate E1504 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Ethyl Acetate E1504
- 1.2. Description: Ethyl Acetate E1504 is a ester of ethanol and acetic acid manufactured through dehydrogenation of ethanol.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C4H8O2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 88.11
- 1.5. CAS #: 141-78-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 205-500-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Ethyl Acetate E1504 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as aromas & perfumes
- 2.1. Ethyl Acetate: >99.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Ethanol (%) ≤ 0.04, Arsenic ≤3 mg/ kg, Lead ≤2 mg/ kg, Mercury ≤1 mg/ kg, Heavy Metals (as Pb) ≤10 mg/ kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Colourless transparent liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Ethereal. Fruity. (Slight.)
- 3.4. pH: neutral
- 3.5. Melting point/range: -84 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 77 °C
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.897 g/cm³
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water, hot water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents, acids, alkalis.
- 5.1. Storage: be Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations of vapors below their respective threshold limit value. Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are proximal to the work-station location
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Ethyl Acetate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Ethyl Acetate E1504 is Hazardous in case of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant)
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: CLOSED CUP: -4.4°C (24.1°F). (TAG) OPEN CUP: 7.2°C (45°F) (Cleveland).
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Ethyl Acetate vapor might be generated.(426.67°C (800°F))
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Absorb with DRY earth, sand or other non-combustible material. Do not touch spilled material. Prevent entry into sewers, basements or confined areas; dike if needed.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. CLASS 3: Flammable liquid.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Ethyl Acetate is fully degradation biodegradable.The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Ethyl Acetate E1504 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Ethyl Acetate MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Ethyl Acetate E1504 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.