Menthol Crystals MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Menthol Crystals
- 1.2. Description: Menthol Crystals is a natural spice manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C10H20O
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 156.27
- 1.5. CAS #: 89-78-1
- 1.6. EINECS #: 216-074-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Menthol Crystals manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as aromas & perfumes
- 2.1. Menthol Crystals: >99.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Arsenic (As) ≤ 3 mg/kg, Lead (Pb) ≤ 2 mg/ kg, Mercury (Hg) ≤ 1 mg/ kg, Heavy Metals (as PB) ≤ 10 mg/ kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: crystal
- 3.2. Appearance: white waxy crystalline
- 3.3. Odor: Peppermint Odor
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 43°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 212°C
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.89g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits. If user operations generate dust, fume or mist, use ventilation to keep exposure to airborne contaminants below the exposure limit.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Menthol Crystals need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Menthol Crystals is Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (permeator).
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: CLOSED CUP: 93°C (199.4°F)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Menthol Crystals powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Menthol Crystals is fully degradation biodegradable.The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Menthol Crystals MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Menthol Crystals MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.