Phosphoric Acid MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Phosphoric Acid
- 1.2. Description: Phosphoric Acid is a mineral acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: H3O4P
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 98
- 1.5. CAS #: 7664-38-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 231-633-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Phosphoric Acid manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as acidity regulator
- 2.1. Phosphoric Acid: >85%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Sulphats(asSO42- )% ≤ 0.003, Iron (Fe)% ≤ 0.001, Arsenic (As)% ≤ 0.0001, Heavy metals,as Pb% ≤ 0.001, Oxidable matter (asH3PO4)% ≤ 0.012, Fluoride,as F% ≤ 0.001
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Colorless, transparent syrupy liquid or in very light color
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Acidic
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 21°C (69.8°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 158°C (316.4°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.685 g/cm3 (85% solution)
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in hot water. Soluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents, combustible materials, metals, alkalis
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents, combustible materials, metals, alkalis.Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Phosphoric Acid need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Phosphoric Acid is Very hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion. Hazardous in case of skin contact(corrosive, permeator), of eye contact (corrosive). Slightly hazardous in case of inhalation (lung sensitizer)
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Phosphoric Acid is biodegradable and The products of degradation are less toxic than the product itself.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Phosphoric Acid MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Phosphoric Acid MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.