Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Metaphosphate
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Metaphosphate is a potassium salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: K2HPO4
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 212.26
- 1.5. CAS #: 7790-53-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-212-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Potassium Metaphosphate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as emulsifiers and nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Potassium Metaphosphate: >59%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: As, 0.0003% max, HEAVY METALS 0.0015 %max, Pb 0.0002% max, Hg 0.0001% max, Cd 0.0001% max, VISCOSITY 6.5—15F 0.001% max, LOSS ON DRYING% 5.0%max.
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 8.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Decomposition temperature: >465°C (869°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.3 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water, hot water. Slightly soluble in alcohol
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Phosphorus oxides and potassium oxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents,materials
- 5.1. Storage: Hygroscopic Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents. Do not store above 23°C (73.4°F).
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommendedexposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Metaphosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Metaphosphate is Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Tripolyphosphate is biodegradable and The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.