Isolated Soy Protein MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Isolated Soy Protein
- 1.2. Description: Isolated Soy Protein is a protein manufactured through soybean extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9010-10-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-720-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Isolated Soy Protein manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Isolated Soy Protein: ≥90.00%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: yellow or milk white powder
- 3.3. Odor: Soy Beany note
- 3.4. pH: 6.0 – 7.4
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period (kept under cool, dry conditions)
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Not Applicable
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Acids
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture and incompatibilities. avoid dust formation and control ignition sources.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid breathing dust; use in an area with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Not required
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Isolated Soy Protein need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Isolated Soy Protein is not classified as a Dangerous Substance within the definitions of EC Directive 67/584
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause slight eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid open flames or other ignition sources
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with plenty of water.
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Build up of isolated soy protein dust may cause dust explosion
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where a isolated Soy Protein dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water, carbon dioxide, or powder extinguisher may be used.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Spillages of isolated Soy Protein and its solutions should be contained and collected on absorbent material. Thoroughly wash affected area.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Isolated soy protein is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Isolated Soy Protein MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.