(Last Updated On: September 20, 2017)
- Sodium Citrate E331(i) MSDS
Sodium Citrate E331(i) MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Citrate E331(i)
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Citrate E331(i) is a organic chemicals manufactured through fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Na3C6H5O7
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 258.06
- 1.5. CAS #: 68-04-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 201-069-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Citrate E331(i) manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Acidulants
- 2.1. Sodium Citrate: 99.00-100.50%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Colorless or white crystalline granule or crystalline powder odorless
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 7.5-9.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: 42.5 g/100 g of water at 25°C
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances, protected from moisture.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not breathe dust. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: A self contained breathing apparatus should be used to avoid inhalation of the product.
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Full suit. Boots. Gloves
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Citrate E331(i) need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Citrate is Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact, skin contact, ingestion, inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation
- 7.4. Ingestion: Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal tract irritation/disturbances
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: May affect behavior (convulsions), respiration (cyanosis).
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical adivce
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water and seek medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: If large quantity of Sodium Citrate E331(i) is swallowed, seek medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice if having breathing difficulty
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: DRY chemical powder, water spray, fog or foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and evacuate through the sanitary system.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Citrate is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Sodium Citrate E331(i) MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Sodium Citrate E331(i) MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Sodium Citrate E331(i) MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.