(Last Updated On: December 31, 2017)
- Saccharin Sodium E954 MSDS
Saccharin Sodium E954 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Saccharin Sodium E954
- 1.2. Description: Saccharin Sodium E954 is a organic chemicals manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C7H4O3NSNa
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 205.17
- 1.5. CAS #: 128-44-9
- 1.6. EINECS #: 204-886-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Saccharin Sodium E954 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Sweeteners
- 2.1. Saccharin Sodium: 99.0-101.0
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Solid
- 3.2. Appearance: white crystal or powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging at room temperature, avoid moisture.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Good general ventilation should be sufficient to control airborne levels.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Saccharin Sodium E954 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Saccharin Sodium E954 is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
- 7.4. Ingestion: The toxicology property of this substance has not been fully investigated, please check the side effect data for further information.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical adivce
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water and seek medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Seek medical aid if irritation occurs.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice if having breathing difficulty
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Moderate fire hazard when exposed to heat or flame.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: DRY chemical powder, water spray, carbon dioxide or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Sweep or Vacuum up
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Saccharin Sodium is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Saccharin Sodium E954 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Saccharin Sodium MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Saccharin Sodium MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.