Sodium Lactate E325 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Lactate E325
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Lactate E325 is a sodium salt of lactic acid manufactured through neutralizing lactic acid.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C3H5NaO3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 112.06
- 1.5. CAS #: 72-17-3
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-772-0
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Lactate E325 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Acidulants
- 2.1. Sodium Lactate: 76% – 84%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Sulphated ash Max 0.1%,Chloride Max 0.2%,Sulphate Max 0.25%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 161–162 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 113 °C (60 % syrup)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.31 g/ml (60 % syrup)
- 3.8. Solubility: > 1.5 g/mL
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Highly reactive with acids.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 157 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Lactate E325 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Lactate is Very hazardous in case of skin contact, of eye contact . Hazardous in case of ingestion, of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 23 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Sodium Lactate dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Lactate is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Sodium Lactate E325 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Sodium Lactate E325 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Sodium Lactate E325 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.