(Last Updated On: April 27, 2017)
Vitamin K1 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Vitamin K1
- 1.2. Description: Vitamin K1 is a polycyclic aromatic ketone manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C31H46O3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 466.69514
- 1.5. CAS #: 84-80-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 201-564-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Vitamin K1 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Vitamin K1: >20%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals Not more than 10ppm, Arsenic Not more than 3 ppm, Yeast and mould Not more than 100CFU/g, Coliforms Not more than 10/g, E. Coli & Salmonella Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Off-white to yellow, fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.3
- 3.5. Melting point/range: -4 °F (-20 °C) ; also reported as 20 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 284 – 293 °F (140 – 145 °C)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.964g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents. Strong bases. Reducing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid all contact and inhalation ofdust, mists, and/or vapors associated with the material
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Vitamin K1 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Vitamin K1 is Slightly hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water. Gently and thoroughly wash the contaminated skin with running water and non-abrasive soap
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth. If ingestion of a large amount does occur, call a poison control center immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Combustible solid.
- 9.2. Flash point: > 235.40 °F (> 113.00 °C) Closed Cup
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Do not use water jet as an extinguisher, as this will spread the fire
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Vitamin K1 is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are as toxic as the original product.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Vitamin K1 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Vitamin K1 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.