Betaine Monohydrate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Betaine Monohydrate
- 1.2. Description: Betaine Monohydrate is a Betaine derivative manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C5H11NO2.H2O
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 135.16
- 1.5. CAS #: 590-47-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 209-684-7
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Betaine Monohydrate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Betaine Monohydrate: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White Crystals or crystalline powder
- 3.3. Odor: slight characteristic odor
- 3.4. pH: 5 – 7 (5% aq. sol.)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 301°C ( 573.80°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents, strong acids, strong alkalis (bases), nitric acid.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Betaine Monohydrate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Betaine Monohydrate is The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated. May cause eye, skin, and respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband. Get medical attention if symptoms appear.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Betaine Monohydrate powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Absorb with DRY earth, sand or other non-combustible material. Do not touch spilled material. Prevent entry into sewers, basements or confined areas; dike if needed.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Betaine Monohydrate is fully degradation biodegradable. The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Betaine Monohydrate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Betaine Monohydrate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.