Glacial Acetic Acid E260 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Glacial Acetic Acid E260
- 1.2. Description: Glacial Acetic Acid is a organic compound manufactured through fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C2H4O2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 60.05
- 1.5. CAS #: 64-19-7
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-580-7
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Glacial Acetic Acid E260 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Preservatives
- 2.1. Glacial Acetic Acid: ≥ 99.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Sulfate ≤19PPM, Heavy Metals(Pb) ≤0.5 ppm
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Clear and transparent liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Pungent, vinegar-like, sour
- 3.4. pH: 2
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 16.6°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 118.1°C
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.049 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Miscibility
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: kept in a light‐ proof, dry and cool place.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations of vapors below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Glacial Acetic Acid E260 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Glacial Acetic Acid E260 is Extremely hazardous in case of inhalation. Very hazardous in case of skin contact or ingestion, Hazardous in case of skin contact or eye contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May be corrosive to eye
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May be corrosive to skin
- 7.4. Ingestion: Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: Severe exposure may result in lung tissue damage and corrosion.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Flammable.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Glacial Acetic Acid E260 vapor might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Dilute with water and mop up, or absorb with an inert dry material and place in an appropriate waste disposal container.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. CLASS 3: Flammable liquid. Class 8: Corrosive material
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Glacial Acetic Acid is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Glacial Acetic Acid E260 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Glacial Acetic Acid E260 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Glacial Acetic Acid E260 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.