Konjac Gum E425(i) MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Konjac Gum E425(i)
- 1.2. Description: Konjac Gum E425(i) is a polysaccharide manufactured through plant extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 37220-17-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 253-404-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Konjac Gum E425(i) manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Konjac Gum: ≥ 90% (Konjac Glucomannan)
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or light yellow fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Slight marine odor
- 3.4. pH: 5.0- 7.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.5 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 5% by weight
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizers
- 5.1. Storage: stored in tightly closed container. keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: In case of insuficent ventilaon, wear suitable rspiratory equipment if release of airbone dust is expectd. Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use with local exhaust ventilaon.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Konjac Gum E425(i) need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Konjac Gum E425(i) is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Powderd konjac gum may form explosive dust-air mixtures.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Konjac Gum dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Konjac gum is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Konjac Gum E425(i) MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Konjac Gum E425(i) MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Konjac Gum E425(i) MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.