1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: L-Glutamine
- 1.2. Description: L-Glutamine is a glutamic acid derivative manufactured through chemical synthesis from glutamate and ammonia.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C5H10N2O3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 146.14
- 1.5. CAS #: 56-85-9
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-292-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China L-Glutamine manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements and flavor enhancer
- 2.1. L-Glutamine: >98.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy Metals (Lead) ≤ 5ppm, Arsenic(As2SO3) ≤1ppm, Ignited Residue ≤ 0.1%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Crystalline Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless.
- 3.4. pH: 4.5-6.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Decomposes. (185°C or 365°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if L-Glutamine need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: L-Glutamine is Hazardous in case of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where L-Glutamine powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Absorb with DRY earth, sand or other non-combustible material. Do not touch spilled material. Prevent entry into sewers, basements or confined areas; dike if needed.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. L-Glutamine is fully degradation biodegradable. The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in L-Glutamine MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in L-Glutamine MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.