Sodium Benzoate E211 MSDS
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Benzoate E211
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Benzoate E211 is a organic compound manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C7H5NaO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 144.1
- 1.5. CAS #: 532-32-1
- 1.6. EINECS #: 208-534-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Benzoate E211 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Preservatives
- 2.1. Sodium Benzoate: 99.0% ~ 100.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: HEAVY METALS (AS PB) ≤10 PPM,ARSENIC ≤3 PPM,CHLORIDES ≤ 200 PPM
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: FREE FLOWING WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range:
- 3.6. Boiling point:
- 3.7. Bulk density:
- 3.8. Solubility:
- 4.1. Chemical Stability:
- 4.2. Shelf Life:
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition:
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization:
- 4.5. Incompatible with:
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution:
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls:
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Benzoate E211 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Benzoate E211 is Slightly hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Sodium Benzoate E211 dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Benzoate is fully biodegradable and its products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Sodium Benzoate E211 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Sodium Benzoate E211 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Sodium Benzoate E211 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.