Potassium Chloride MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Chloride
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Chloride is a metal halide salt manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: KCl
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 74.55
- 1.5. CAS #: 7447-40-7
- 1.6. EINECS #: 231-211-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Potassium Chloride manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Potassium Chloride: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy Metals (as Pb) ≤ 1mg/ kg, Arsenic ≤ 0.5mg/ kg, Ammonium (as NH﹢4) ≤ 100mg/ kg, Sodium Chloride ≤ 1.45%, Water, Insoluble Impurities ≤ 0.05%, Water Insoluble Residue ≤0.05%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White Crystalline Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless.
- 3.4. pH: 7
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 770°C (1418°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 1420°C (2588°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.987g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water, hot water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Chlorine, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, potassium fume.
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: May react violently with bromine trifluoride. May result in explosion with potassium permanganate and sulfuric acid.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash clothing before reuse. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Chloride need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Chloride is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. Get medical attention if irritation occurs.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband. Get medical attention if symptoms appear.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not available
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not available
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. If necessary: Neutralize the residue with a dilute solution of acetic acid.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Chloride is fully degradation biodegradable.The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Potassium Chloride MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.