Potassium Stearate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Stearate
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Stearate is a potassium salt of stearic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C18H35KO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 322.57
- 1.5. CAS #: 593-29-3
- 1.6. EINECS #: 322.57
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Potassium Stearate manufacturer
- 1.9. Usage: In food as emulsifier
- 2.1. Potassium Stearate: >98%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Lead (Pb) ≤ 2 mg/kg, Arsenic (As) ≤ 3 mg/kg, Heavy metal (as Pb) ≤ 10 mg/kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: fatty
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 240°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.01g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Stored in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Stearate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Stearate is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: Unknown
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Contact a physician immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: 177°C (350°F)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Potassium Stearate powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Stearate lactylate is fully degradation biodegradable .
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Potassium Stearate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Potassium Stearate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.