MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids E475 MSDS
- COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Supplier: Newseed Chemical Co., Limited.
Add: Mingsheng Road, Shanghai, China
Revision date: 2018.01.23
- COMPOSITION/INFORMATION INGREDIENTS
Description: Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids（PGE）
E number: E475
- HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
When handling fine powdered products there is a risk of dust explosions.
- FIRST-AID MEASURES
Eye Contact: Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. WARM water MUST be used. Get medical attention.
Skin Contact: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
Serious Skin Contact: Not available.
Inhalation: If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
Serious Inhalation: Not available.
Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
Serious Ingestion: Not available.
5. FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES
Extinguish with dry powder, carbon dioxide, foam or water fog
Do not use water jet.
Treat as burning melted fat.
- ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Small Spill: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
Large Spill: Use a shovel to put the material into a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and allow to evacuate through the sanitary system.
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
Handling: Excessive dusting should be avoided. The working area should be kept free of accumulated dust and ignition sources.
Storage: Store in original container.Avoid excessive light.
- EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
Exposure standards: Not available.
Engineering controls: Not applicable.
Protective equipment: Not applicable.
Educational demands: Instruction in the use of this product and knowledge of this Material Safety Data Sheet.
- PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Appearance: A greasy substance with a neutral odour.
Solubility: Insoluble in water.
Boiling point: > 250°C.
Flash point: > 100°C.
Vapour pressure: Not applicable.
Dropping point: See Product Description.
Flammability limits: Not applicable.
Density: Not available.
- STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids PGE is stable under normal conditions of use.
Conditions to avoid: None.
Materials to avoid: None.
Hazardous decomposition products: None.
- TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Eye or skin contact may cause mild transient irritation.
No toxic effects are known under normal conditions from inhalation of dust or vapours from this product..
- ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids PGE is believed not to be dangerous to the environment with respect to mobility, persistency and degradability, bioaccumulative potential, aquatic toxicity and other data relating to ecotoxicity.
- DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
Small quantities of waste are disposed of as domestic refuse.
Greater quantities are disposed of in accordance with the local regulations.
- TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids PGE is not considered dangerous according to ADR, RID, IMO and IATA.
- REGULATORY INFORMATION
Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids PGE is not classified as dangerous according to EU-directive 91/155.
- OTHER INFORMATION
- The information in Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids E475 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids E475 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids E475 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.