Potassium Tripolyphosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Tripolyphosphate
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Tripolyphosphate is a potassium salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: K5P3O10
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 448.5
- 1.5. CAS #: 13845-36-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 237-574-9
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Potassium Tripolyphosphate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as preservative
- 2.1. Potassium Tripolyphosphate: >95%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Fluorid (F) ≤ 10 ppm, Iron (Fe)≤ 10ppm, Arsenic (As)≤ 3ppm, Lead (Pb)≤ 10ppm, Mercury≤ 1ppm, Heavy Metal (as Pb)≤ 15ppm
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 9.6
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 630°C (1166°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.9 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water, hot water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.Do not store above 24°C (75.2°F)
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Tripolyphosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Tripolyphosphate is Hazardous in case of ingestion, of inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant). Non-irritant for skin
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: Non-irritant for skin
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Tripolyphosphate is fully biodegradable and its products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Potassium Tripolyphosphate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Potassium Tripolyphosphate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.