MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides DATEM MSDS
- Company Identification
Supplier: Newseed Chemical Co., Limited.
Add: Mingsheng Road, Shanghai, China
Revision date: 2018.01.23
- COMPOSITION/INFORMATION INGREDIENTS
Chemical name: Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, DATEM
- HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
In rare cases allergic reactions may develop on prolonged or repeated contact. Eye or skin contact may cause mild irritation. No toxic effects are known under normal conditions from inhalation of dust or vapors from this product.
- FIRST-AID MEASURES
Eye contact: Rinse with plenty of water. If symptoms occur, seek medical advice.
Skin contact: Wash with soap and water if necessary.
Inhalation: Fresh air if discomfort is felt, No treatment is necessary under normal circumstances. If symptoms occur seek medical advice.
First aid facilities: Not applicable. Advice to doctor: None.
- FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES
Extinguish with dry powder, carbon dioxide, foam or water fog. Do not use water jet. Treat as burning melted fat. Avoid inhalation of smoke or fumes.
- ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Personal precautions: Contaminated floors may be slippery. Environmental precautions: Not applicable.
Methods for cleaning up: Clean up spillage with a towel. Wash the soiled area with soap and water or detergent.
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
Handling: No special precautions are needed.
Storage: Seal and store in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, in order to prevent to be damp and become agglomeration. Strictly forbid to store and transport with materials that is explosive, combustible or deleterious. The shelf life is 18 months.
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
Exposure standards: Not available.
Engineering controls: Any equipment used to handle this product should be designed to minimize the escape of aerosols,dust and vapors. Maintain adequate local exhaust ventilation that removes contaminated air, before the air reaches the respiratory.
Protective equipment: Wear protective clothing, gloves, safety goggles and respiratory equipment where necessary.
Educational demands: Instruction in the use of this product and knowledge of this material data sheet.
- PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Appearance: white powder with a slightly acid odour.
Solubility: Insoluble in water.
Boiling point: > 250°C.
Flash point: > 100°C.
Vapour pressure: Not applicable.
Dropping point: Approximately 560C/1330F
Flammability limits: Not applicable.
Density: Not available.
- STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Stability: The product is stable.
Instability Temperature: Not available.
Conditions of Instability: Not available.
Incompatibility with various substances: Reactive with moisture.
Corrosivity: Not available.
Special Remarks on Reactivity: Hygroscopic
Special Remarks on Corrosivity: Not available.
Polymerization: Will not occur.
Chronic effects on humans: not available.
Other Toxic Effects on Humans: not available
Hazardous in case of inhalation.
Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of ingestion.
- TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Eye or skin contact may cause mild transient irritation.
No toxic effects are known under normal conditions from inhalation of dust or vapours from this product.
- ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides is believed not to be dangerous to the environment with respect to mobility, persistency and degradability, bioaccumulative potential, aquatic toxicity and other data relating to ecotoxicity.
- DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
Small quantities of waste are disposed of as domestic refuse.
Greater quantities are disposed of in accordance with the local regulations.
- TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides (DATEM) is not considered dangerous according to ADR, RID, IMO and IATA.
- REGULATORY INFORMATION
Other Regulations: EINECS: This product is on the European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances.
WHMIS (Canada): Not controlled under WHMIS (Canada)
- OTHER INFORMATION
- The information in DATEM MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in DATEM MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.