Triacetin E1518 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Triacetin E1518
- 1.2. Description: Triacetin E1518 is a triester of glycerol manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C9H14O6
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 218.21
- 1.5. CAS #: 102-76-1
- 1.6. EINECS #: 203-051-9
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Triacetin E1518 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as emulsifier
- 2.1. Triacetin: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Arsenic(As) ≤ 3, Heavy metal(base on Pb) ≤ 10
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Clear transparent oily liquid
- 3.3. Odor: fatty
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 4.1°C (39.4°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 259°C (498.2°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.2g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Partially soluble in cold water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Triacetin need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Triacetin is Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator), of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: CLOSED CUP: 149°C (300.2°F). OPEN CUP: 153°C (307.4°F).
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Triacetin powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Dilute with water and mop up, or absorb with an inert dry material and place in an appropriate waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Triacetin is fully degradation biodegradable .The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Triacetin E1518 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Triacetin E1518 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Triacetin E1518 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.