Glycerol monostearate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Glycerol monostearate
- 1.2. Description: Glycerol monostearate is a glycerol ester of stearic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C21H42O4
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 358.56
- 1.5. CAS #: 123-94-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 250-705-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Glycerol monostearate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent
- 2.1. Glycerol monostearate: >40%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Arsenic （As，mg/kg） ≤2.0, Lead（Pb，mg/kg） ≤2.0
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: colorless flaky powder
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 58 to 59 °C (136 to 138 °F; 331 to 332 K)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 238 to 239 °C (460 to 462 °F; 511 to 512 K)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.97 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Glycerol monostearate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Glycerol monostearate is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: 230 °C (446 °F) (open cup)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Glycerol monostearate powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Glycerol monostearate is fully degradation biodegradable .The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Glycerol monostearate MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Glycerol monostearate MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.