(Last Updated On: November 15, 2017)
- Potassium Acetate E261 MSDS
Potassium Acetate E261 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Acetate E261
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Acetate E261 is a potassium salt of acetic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C2H3KO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 98.14
- 1.5. CAS #: 127-08-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 204-822-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Potassium Acetate E261 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Preservatives
- 2.1. Potassium Acetate: 99.0%-100.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: white crystal powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 7.5- 9.0 (5 % SOLUTION)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 292°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.57 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Acids and Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool and dry place and kept away from strong light and heat.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid handling which leads to dust formation. In common with many organic chemicals, may form flammable dust clouds in air. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing in dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use with local exhaust ventilaon.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Acetate E261 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Acetate is Hazardous in case of ingestion or inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact or skin contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation with abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Potassium Acetate dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Acetate is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Potassium Acetate E261MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Potassium Acetate E261 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Potassium Acetate E261 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.