Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 is a inorganic compound manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: NaH14Al3(PO4)8·4H2O
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 144.943
- 1.5. CAS #: 7758-88-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-090-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as food supplements
- 2.1. Sodium Aluminium Phosphate: ≥ 95%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 2.7 (1% solution in water)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.45 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Slightly soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Known
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes Wear suitable protective clothing In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment If you feel unwell, seek medical attention and show the label when possible
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Aluminium Phosphate is Hazardous in case of eye contact, ingestion or inhalation. Slightly Hazardous in case of skin contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Avoid ignition sources where a fine cocoa dust might be generated.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Sodium Aluminium Phosphate dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Aluminium Phosphate is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are as toxic as the original product.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the Sodium Aluminium Phosphate E541 MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.