Sodium Hexametaphosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Hexametaphosphate is a mixture of polymeric metaphosphates manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: (NaPO3)6
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 611.77
- 1.5. CAS #: 10124-58-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 233-343-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Sodium Hexametaphosphate manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as food supplements
- 2.1. Sodium Hexametaphosphate: ≥ 68.0%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER OR WHITE GRANULES
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 5.8-6.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 550°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 1500°C
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.484 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water, hot water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizers
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Hexametaphosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Hexametaphosphate is Hazardous in case of eye contact, or ingestion. Slightly Hazardous in case of skin contact or inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Mot Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Hexametaphosphate is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in this MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in the MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.