Tricalcium Phosphate E341 (iii) MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii)
- 1.2. Description: Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) is a calcium salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Ca3O8P2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 310.18
- 1.5. CAS #: 7758-87-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 231-840-8;233-283-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) manufacturer
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutrition supplements and anticaking agent
- 2.1. Tricalcium Phosphate: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: As ≤0.0003 %, Pb ≤0.0002 %, MOLD ＜50 CFU/G
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Liquifies under high pressure at 1670 K (1391 °C)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 3.14 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 0.002 g/100 g
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid contamination of storage containers. Avoid breathing dusts.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: effectively minimize employee exposures: general area dilution
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) is Acute hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: Low acute oral toxicity. Ingestion of large quantities may cause abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting,
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: This product does not contain any ingredient designated by IARC, NTP, ACGIH or OSHA as probable or suspected human carcinogens.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) is not biodegradable, however the product itself will not affect environment.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Tricalcium Phosphate E341(iii) MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.