Glycerol monostearate (MONO AND DI GLYCERIDES OF FATTY ACIDS (GMS-E471)) is used in Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Health & Personal care products, Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry. Glycerol monostearate is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent; an emulsifier in ice cream, whipped cream, bread, based systems, frozen desserts, shortenings, hard butters, beverages, ice cream, edible oils and fats, dairy products, skin and haircare products.
MONO AND DI GLYCERIDES OF FATTY ACIDS (GMS-E471) is a product, which is formed by fatty acids from vegetable oils and glycerol. GMS is consist of stearic acid, palmitic acid, and oleic acid. Mono-diglycerides are presented as the purity of 40%, 60% and 99% in the market. The purity of GMS is chosen according to application to be used. It does not dissolve in cold water. It disperses in hot water.
GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE E471 MAIN FOOD APPLICATION AREAS
1) Bread varieties
2) Cake margarine
3) Spreadable, fat-reduced margarine
4) Coffee whiteners
5) Pastry productions
7) Whipping Cream Bases
9) Peanut Butter
10) Production of potato granule
GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE E471 EFFECTS IN FOOD PRODUCT
1) It is used in bread varieties for its anti-staling and texture regulating characteristics.
2) It prevents water release and hold water and oil together in cake margarine.
3) It prevents water release in spreadable and fat-reduced margarine.
4) It is used for its dispersible and mildness characteristics in coffee whiteners.
5) In pastry production, it keeps the products together and prevents them from being crumbled.
6) It is used for its emulsifier characteristic in creams. It ensures the formation of a stable volume.
7) It is used on whipping cream bases to enhance volume and stability bases. It prevents collapsing by strengthening the structure.
8) It is used in caramels because of its emulsifier and volumzing characteristics.
9) It is used in peanut butters for its emulsifier characteristic. It enhance stability and firmly holds the structure.
10) It is used in the production of potato granules for increasing the quality and ease of the production.
GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE E471 APPLICATIONS AND DOSAGES
1) It is used alone in bread and its varieties. Usage amount: 0.1-0.3%.
2) It can be used alone in cake margarine or in combination with an emulsifier according to the product specification (Such as Lactem, Acetem). Usage amount: 0.5-1%
3) It is used alone in spreadable, fat-reduced margarine. Usage amount: 0.2-0.4%
4) It is used together with other emulsifiers and stabilizers in coffee whiteners (Lactem-trisodium phosphate). Usage amount: 0.1-0.3%
5) It is used alone in pastry productions. Usage amount: 0.3-0.9%
6) It is used together with other emulsifiers in creams (Lactem-Acetem) Usage amount: 0.1-0.3%
7) It is used together with different emulsifiers in whipping bases. Usage amount: 0.2-0.5%
8) It is used together with other emulsifiers as it is used alone in caramels. Usage amount: 0.1-0.3%
9) It is used together with sorbitan tristearate as it is used alone in peanut butter. Usage amount: 1-1.5%
10) It is used together with other emulsifiers as it is used alone in potato granules. Usage amount: 0.2-0.9%
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE E471
The percentage in mono -diglycerides changes depending on the application. In some products, low mono -diglyceride content is preferred. For example, 40-60% of GMS is used as in tahini halva. Free glycerol and total glycerol values are important. It is desirable that they are within normal limits. GMS are used as 90-99% purity
Storage Conditions and Packaging Type: Glycerol monostearate E471 can be stored max at 20 0C with max and 75% humidity in closed warehouse that are not exposed to sun light. Shelf-life is 24 months.
Our main products are : Distilled Glycerol Monostearate(GMS-90) , Distilled Glycerol Monolaurate(GML); Glycerol monostearate（GMS-40).