Nicotinic acid/Niacin can be used in Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Health & Personal care products, Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry. Nicotinic acid/Niacin appears as a white to off-white colored powder. Nicotinic acid/Niacin is used in dietary supplements, health food, beverages and energy drinks. Nicotinic acid also known as Niacin.
Niacin is important in energy production. Niacin is one form of vitamin B3. Niacin is essential for conversion of dietary proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into usable energy. Niacin is also used to synthesize starch that can be stored in muscles and liver for eventual use as an energy source.
Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3 /Niacin) appears as a white or light yellow crystal powder.
Nicotinic Acid uses as follows:
In Food Production
Nicotinic acid/Niacin can be used as nutrition supplements in food such as in Dietary Food Industry, Vitamins / Minerals Premix, Nutritional Ingredients, Breakfast Cereals & Beverage Industry, Infant Formulas.
- Niacin is used in Multivitamins as a Vitamin supplement.
- Niacin is used to reduce LDL Cholesterol and increase HDL Cholesterol.
- Niacin is used for enrichment of Cereals & Flour.
Nicotinic acid/Niacin can be used as nutrition supplements in beverage.
- Nicotinic acid/Niacin is predominantly used for the treatment of pellagra (lack of nicotinic acid usually due to inadequate dietary intake).
- Nicotinic acid/Niacin may also be used for the as an adjunct in the treatment of hypercholesterolaemia and hypertriglyceridaemia (high cholesterol and lipids in the blood).
In Health and Personal care
Nicotinic acid/Niacin can be used in the formulation of lipstick, eye shadow, blushers, face powders and foundations, moisturizers, skin care products, bath soaps and detergents, hair conditioners, and many other products in Cosmetics.
In Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry
Nicotinic acid/Niacin is can used as nutritional supplement in Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry feed. The application of Nicotinic Acid in pet food such as in dog food, cat food.
In Other Industries