Tertiary butylhydroquinone E319 used in Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Health & Personal care products, Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry. Tertiary butylhydroquinone, also called TBHQ. Tertiary butylhydroquinone TBHQ E319 is used for stabilizing and preventing Rancidification of edible fats and oils whether vegetable or animal based. It is very widely applied for increasing the shelf-life of these oils and fats. The application of Tertiary butylhydroquinone TBHQ E319 is in margarine, nuts, potato chips, instant noodles, and oils.
In Food Production
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone TBHQ E319can be used as antioxidants in food such as in
- All types of unsaturated fats and oils such as Cotton seeds oil, Soya bean oil, Mustard oil, coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Cannola oil, Corn oil, Palm oil, Groundnut oil, Rice bran oil
- Baked and confectionary Products
- Snack foods like Fried Potato chips, Instant Noodles
- Citrus oils
- Butter Fats
- Fried Nuts
- Cereal and Grains
- Essential oils like Peppermint oil, Orange oil etc
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone TBHQ E319can be used as antioxidants in beverage.
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone TBHQ E319 is used as antioxidants in Pharmaceutical.
- As antioxidants: in grease drugs to delay lipid oxidation.
In Health and Personal care
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone E319 used in the formulation of lipsticks, colognes, moisturizers and other makeup products in Cosmetics. TBHQ prevents or slows deterioration of cosmetics and personal care products caused by chemical reactions with oxygen.
In Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone E319 can be used as antioxidants in Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry feed.
In Other Industries
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone E319 can be used as a stabilizer to inhibit autopolymerization of organic peroxides.