Concentrated Pea Protein MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Concentrated Pea Protein
- 1.2. Description: Concentrated Pea Protein is a vegetable protein manufactured through extraction from pea.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 222400-29-5
- 1.6. EINECS #: Not Applicable
- 1.7. Manufactured by: China manufacturer.
- 1.8. Supplied by: China Concentrated Pea Protein manufacturer.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutritional Supplements
- 2.1. Concentrated Pea Protein: >55%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Coliform Bacteria ≤ 30 MPN/100g ,Moulds& Yeasts ≤ 50 cfu/g
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Creamy yellow or yellow powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.0-8.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not available
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not Applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2…)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture and incompatibilities. avoid dust formation and control ignition sources.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Mechanical exhaust required.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Concentrated Pea Protein need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Concentrated Pea Protein is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation. Non-hazardous in case of ingestion
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Powderd pea protein may form explosive dust-air mixtures.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Pea Protein dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Concentrated Pea Protein is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. The information in Concentrated Pea Protein MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However, the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. Since the conditions for use, handling, storage and disposal of this product are beyond our control, it is the responsibility of the user both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, damage, or expense arising out of the products improper use. No warranty expressed or implied regarding the product described herein will be created by or inferred from any statement or omission in the MSDS. Various federal, state, or provincial agencies may have specific regulations concerning the transportation, handling, storage, use, or disposal of this product which may not be reflected in Concentrated Pea Protein MSDS. The user should review these regulations to ensure full compliance.