Soy Fiber is a fine fiber used as an ingredient to increase fiber content in bread and bakery products. Though it’s considered safe, some are convinced it has potentially dangerous health effects.
What Is Soy Dietary Fiber?
Isolated Soy Protein is a yellowish powder made from soybean meal. It has a bland flavor and is used in emulsified meat products, poultry and fish products, vegetarian food, chopped and minced meats, granular sausage, and leisure food drinks, etc.
Possible Side Effects of Soy Dietary Fiber
Although Soy Dietary Fiber generally regarded as a very safe and effective supplement, there can be some minor side effects. The side effects may:
- Soy can cause some mild side effects such as constipation, bloating, and nausea. It can also cause allergic reactions involving rash and itching in some people.
GRAS Affirmation: Yes
Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) is an American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) designation that a chemical or substance added to food is considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Soy Dietary Fiber is considered safe by FDA.
Special Populations Precaution
There is a lot of concern about diet and nutrition for these population, like Newborns, children, pregnant, sensitive to Soy Dietary Fiber populations. Better consult to your doctor if you would like to intake Soy Dietary Fiber.
1. Whey Versus Soy Protein Diets and Renal Status in Rats. [J Med Food. 2014 Jul 23] Author: Aparicio VA, Nebot E, Tassi M, Camiletti-Moirón D, Sanchez-Gonzalez C, Porres JM, Aranda P.
2. The Metabolizable Energy Value, Standardized Ileal Digestibility of Amino Acids in Soybean Meal, Soy Protein Concentrate and Fermented Soybean Meal, and the Application of These Products in Early-weaned Piglets. [Asian-Australas J Anim Sci. 2013 May] Author: Zhang HY, Yi JQ, Piao XS, Li PF, Zeng ZK, Wang D, Liu L, Wang GQ, Han X.
3. The limiting sequence and proper ratio of lysine, methionine and threonine for calves fed milk replacers containing soy protein. [Asian-Australas J Anim Sci. 2012 Feb] Author: Wang J, Diao Q, Tu Y, Zhang N, Xu X.
4. Effects of Replacement of Fish Meal by Soy Protein Isolate on the Growth, Digestive Enzyme Activity and Serum Biochemical Parameters for Juvenile Amur Sturgeon (Acipenser schrenckii). [Asian-Australas J Anim Sci. 2012 Nov] Author: Xu QY, Wang CA, Zhao ZG, Luo L.
5. Partially Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Shows Enhanced Transport of Amino Acids Compared to Nonhydrolyzed Protein across an Intestinal Epithelial Cell Monolayer. [J Food Sci. 2014 Jul 17] Author: McGraw NJ, Napawan N, Toland MR, Schulze J, Tulk BM, Krul ES.