Disodium phosphate Anhydrous (DSP) E339 (ii) used as an emulsifier, buffer, texturizer or nutrient. Though it’s considered safe, some are convinced it has potentially dangerous health effects.
What Is Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii)?
Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii) is a white powdered of granular substance that is basically odorless. It is used to adjust pH, as a thickening agent, and as an anti-caking agent. Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii) finds application in dairy products, desserts, and powders.
Possible Side Effects of Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii)
Though Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii) is regarded as safe supplement, there maybe some side effects: Mild abdominal discomfort/cramps, gas, or nausea may occur.
GRAS Affirmation: Yes
Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) is an American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) designation that a chemical or substance added to food is considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous is considered safe.
Special Populations Precaution
There is a lot of concern about diet and nutrition for these population, like Newborns, children, pregnant, sensitive to Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous E339 (ii) populations. Better consult to your doctor if you would like to intake Disodium Phosphate Anhydrous.
1. Pharmacokinetic study of dexamethasone disodium phosphate using intravitreal, subconjunctival, and intravenous delivery routes in rabbits. [J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Jun] Author: Hosseini K, Matsushima D, Johnson J, Widera G, Nyam K, Kim L, Xu Y, Yao Y, Cormier M.
2. Preclinical studies to predict efficacy of vascular changes induced by combretastatin a-4 disodium phosphate in patients. [Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Mar 1] Author: Nielsen T, Murata R, Maxwell RJ, Stødkilde-Jørgensen H, Ostergaard L, Horsman MR.
3. Anaphylaxis induced by intramuscular betamethasone disodium phosphate: reflections on a clinical case. [Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2007 Apr-Jun] Author: Ventura MT, Sanapo F, Calogiuri GF, Satriano F.
4. Early effects of combretastatin-A4 disodium phosphate on tumor perfusion and interstitial fluid pressure. [Neoplasia. 2007 Feb] Author: Ley CD, Horsman MR, Kristjansen PE.
5. Prognostic value of the disodium phosphate 32P uptake test in uveal melanoma: a long-term study. [Arch Ophthalmol. 2003 Oct] Author: Overkleeft EN, Zuidervaart W, Hurks HM, Eilers PH, de Wolff-Rouendaal D, Jager MJ.