D-Calcium Pantothenate is used as a nutritional food additive in products usually marketed towards children or athletes. D-Calcium Pantothenate is a white crystal that is odorless, bitter and slightly hygroscopic.
D-Calcium Pantothenate is a synthetic substance made from pantothenic acid and sold as vitamin B-5 supplements. It is essential for the body’s production of hormones, energy production, fat storage, and many other bodily processes. The body uses calcium pantothenate to metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins for energy. It is often used in dietary supplements because, as a salt, it is more stable than pantothenic acid in the digestive mentation and may improve oxygen utilization efficiency and reduce lactic acid accumulation in athletes.
D-Calcium Pantothenate uses as follows:
In Food Production
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutrional supplement and flavor enhancer in food production.
- As nutritional supplement: in milk powder to improve nutrition value.
- As anti-crystalline agent: in honey to prevent crystallization in winter.
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as flavor enhancer in beverage.
- As flavor enhancer: in liquor and whiskey to improve flavor; in soft drink to cover the bitter taste of Saccharin Sodium and Caffeine.
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutrition supplement in Pharmaceutical.
- As nutrition supplement: in medicine to prevent side effects of streptomycin and kanamycin.
Not enough is known about application of D-Calcium Pantothenate in Cosmetics.
In Agriculture/Animal Feed
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutritional supplement in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
- As nutritional supplement: in animal feed to accelerate growth of cattle and poultry.
In Other Industries
Not enough is known about application of D-Calcium Pantothenate in other industries.