D-Calcium Pantothenate or vitamin B5 is used in food products for babies and small children, food products for athletes, low-calorie and calorie-reduced foods, and vitamin-fortified juices. D-Calcium Pantothenate USP derives from chemically synthesized β-aminopropionitrile and dl-pantolactone. It has a white powder appearance and is water soluble.
D-Calcium Pantothenate or vitamin B5, is used as a nutritional food additive marketed towards children or athletes. It is a white powder with no odor and tastes a little bitter. D-Calcium Pantothenate is used as a nutrient supplement in applications like meal replacements. For many animals, pantothenic acid is an essential nutrient. It is required to synthesize Coenzyme-A (CoA), as well as to synthesize and metabolize proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
D-Calcium Pantothenate uses as follows:
In Food Production
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutrional supplement and flavor enhancer in food production.
- As nutritional supplement: in milk powder to improve nutrition value.
- As anti-crystalline agent: in honey to prevent crystallization in winter.
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as flavor enhancer in beverage.
- As flavor enhancer: in liquor and whiskey to improve flavor; in soft drink to cover the bitter taste of Saccharin Sodium and Caffeine.
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutrition supplement in Pharmaceutical.
- As nutrition supplement: in medicine to prevent side effects of streptomycin and kanamycin.
Not enough is known about application of D-Calcium Pantothenate in Cosmetics.
In Agriculture/Animal Feed
D-Calcium Pantothenate is widely used as nutritional supplement in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
- As nutritional supplement: in animal feed to accelerate growth of cattle and poultry.
In Other Industries
Not enough is known about application of D-Calcium Pantothenate in other industries